Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Change in Courses


So, friends guess what! I am only six weeks into college and I have already decided to change my major, isn't that so exciting. Even if you are not excited, or not super excited, I am super pumped! In case you didn't know what my major was it was Dietetics (which I still love by the way). Any guesses on what I am changing to? NO. That's okay, I am switching to Agronomy. Agronomy is the study of soils and seeds, how awesome is that?

Why am I changing, there are several reasons;
1. Dietetics is ultra competitive, as in only 50% of people get an internship, and without an internship you don't get a job.
2. With Agronomy you have a 100% chance of getting a job.
3. Grades are important to me, but they are not the most important thing. With Dietetics you must never fall below a "B" or you will most likely have to retake the class. Let's face it folks I don't have the time or money to retake anything.
4. I miss Ag so much. I was involved in my high school FFA chapter so much in highschool, it was really hard for me to let that part of me go.
5. The list goes on, and on, and on!

Did any of you ever change your major, or if you are still in college have you ever thought about it? please feel free to leave a comment below or send me an email!

Love,

Nicollette Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment